mad mp3 decoder

Domel domel at fastmail.net
Mon Jan 22 20:28:00 UTC 2007

Thanks a lot for a good hint on "pass through"! Yes, that's better now.
Still, I hear slightly better sound on my xmms setup and good
headphones, but after a hint on the equalizer I find now that it is
exactly the equalizer that makes the difference. More specifically, I
find the EQ plugin for xmms to produce better results (with full
accuracy and extra filtering) than the one in Amarok. Without the
equalizer the sound is about comparable and does not seem to have
anything to do with the mad decoder as I originally thought.

Thanks a lot for clearing the mad decoder thing,
Dominik