mad mp3 decoder

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Mon Jan 22 20:08:10 UTC 2007

Monday 22 January 2007 20:50 skrev Domel:
> Hi,
> I find the mp3 quality as played with xmms-mad noticably better than the
> one played by amarok-xine. But I by far prefer the amarok's interface.
> (How) is it possible to use the mad decoder with amarok? I am on
> debian/unstable and find absolutely no related packages (they say about
> amarok-mad or kdemultimedia-mad in google but no such thingy for debian).
> Thanks for any hints,

  You might want to try turning the option for speaker setup to "Pass through"
rather than some actual speaker setup. That option makes xine fiddle with the
sound, and if you are worried about the quality, that is not something you'll
normally want to happen. Hope that helps :) Also, as Ian said, turn off the
equalizer if you have that turned on.

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk/