database corruption -- how to fix?

Mats Ahlgren mats_a at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 22 17:18:02 UTC 2007

On Jan 22, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Andrew Turner wrote:

> Ok, well the basic approach is to try to work out if kded/hald are
> working by running:
> dcop kded mediamanager fullList
>
> That should give you a list of devices. Check the one with your
> collection is listed.
>
> Next, using the SQLite binary (from www.sqlite.org),
> SELECT id, lastmountpoint FROM devices;

1| /media/windows
2| /                                     <--- chose this one
3| /media/windows
4| /

> Identify the one that should have your collection on. check how many
> songs amarok thinks there are on that device (eg for id = 5):
> SELECT count(url) FROM tags WHERE deviceid = 5;

3522

> It's also worth looking in ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc for the
> [Collection Folders] section (note this is _not_ the now deprecated
> Collection Folders field in the [Collection] section).
> The format is something like:
> 5=./music
> where 5 refers to the device as above, and your collection folder has
> an absolute path last given by: lastmountpoint_for_device5 + ./music

2=./home/mats/Music/Library

> Note: deviceid = -1 means that for some reason Amarok couldn't figure
> out which device your collection folder is on. The path is specified
> relative to / .
>
> If there are weird dupes in that section of amarokrc, or the deviceids
> are negative, but you are running kded/hald, or the deviceids are
> positive but you aren't running kde/hald, problems may well happen.

I have a process called kded running.

What is all this telling me?

Also, I tried overwriting my database.db file with an old backup;
nothing happened (no statistics on any of the songs).

I recently had file system corruption with ext3 (how on Earth? is
this common...) and so a few random files got put in lost+found...
maybe that is the culprit? If you think it is; how would I go about
transferring the old DB (with everything such as ratings) to a new
installation of Amarok on a fresh system?

Thanks,
Mats