database corruption -- how to fix?

Andrew Turner andrewturner512 at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 22 14:18:21 UTC 2007

Ok, well the basic approach is to try to work out if kded/hald are
working by running:
dcop kded mediamanager fullList

That should give you a list of devices. Check the one with your
collection is listed.

Next, using the SQLite binary (from www.sqlite.org),
SELECT id, lastmountpoint FROM devices;

Identify the one that should have your collection on. check how many
songs amarok thinks there are on that device (eg for id = 5):
SELECT count(url) FROM tags WHERE deviceid = 5;

It's also worth looking in ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc for the
[Collection Folders] section (note this is _not_ the now deprecated
Collection Folders field in the [Collection] section).
The format is something like:
5=./music
where 5 refers to the device as above, and your collection folder has
an absolute path last given by: lastmountpoint_for_device5 + ./music

Note: deviceid = -1 means that for some reason Amarok couldn't figure
out which device your collection folder is on. The path is specified
relative to / .

If there are weird dupes in that section of amarokrc, or the deviceids
are negative, but you are running kded/hald, or the deviceids are
positive but you aren't running kde/hald, problems may well happen.

Andrew