amarok podcasts

Brandon bsewell at wi.rr.com
Fri Jan 12 20:02:26 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 01:16, you wrote:
> Hi Brandon
>
> I'm forwarding this to the Mailing List to get more eyes too look at
> the problem. Feel free to send future questions to the amarok mailing
> list.
>
> 2007/1/11, Brandon <bsewell at wi.rr.com>:
> > got your email off the help section in amarok and hoping you could help.
> > using opensuse 10.2/gnome. amarok is reporting v1.4.4(using kde 3.5.5
> > "release 30")
> >
> > anyway, im having an issue with podcasts. i can add them, download and
> > play them. save them, etc. but everytime i close and restart amarok they
> > are gone. the podcasts i downloaded can be found(.kde/....) but under the
> > playlists where i added them nothing is showing up. i have been searching
> > online but cant seem to find anyone else having this problem so im
> > guessing it is something that i am doing. any ideas?
> >
> > thanks for your time,
> >
> > brandon
>
> The first thing I can think of is that the insertion in the database
> of a new feed/episode fails.
> When starting Amarok, is the collection empty? That would indicate the
> songs aren't saved either. So either .kde/share/apps/amarok is not
> writable or you are using MySQL or Progress and the connection/setup
> is wrong.
>
> If it only happens for podcasts: do only episodes disappear or also
> the podcast channel (do you need to re-subscribe)?
> What podcasts are you experiencing this with, how many have you tried?
>
> Glad to help
>
> Bart

everything from the podcasts would be gone. seems to have been an issue with
the version i had installed. went from 1.4.4-107 or 108(dont remember which)
to 1.4.4-28 and everything is fine.

troubled ver was x86_64 installed from guru repository

btw, everything remained except for the podcast info. would have to
resubscribe to all podcasts. the only thing that did get saved was the casts
that were actually downloaded to .kde/share/apps/amarok so it doesnt seem
that rw permissions are the problem.

-brandon