amarok podcasts

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 07:16:34 UTC 2007

Hi Brandon

I'm forwarding this to the Mailing List to get more eyes too look at
the problem. Feel free to send future questions to the amarok mailing
list.

2007/1/11, Brandon <bsewell at wi.rr.com>:
> got your email off the help section in amarok and hoping you could help. using
> opensuse 10.2/gnome. amarok is reporting v1.4.4(using kde 3.5.5 "release 30")
>
> anyway, im having an issue with podcasts. i can add them, download and play
> them. save them, etc. but everytime i close and restart amarok they are gone.
> the podcasts i downloaded can be found(.kde/....) but under the playlists
> where i added them nothing is showing up. i have been searching online but
> cant seem to find anyone else having this problem so im guessing it is
> something that i am doing. any ideas?
>
> thanks for your time,
>
> brandon

The first thing I can think of is that the insertion in the database
of a new feed/episode fails.
When starting Amarok, is the collection empty? That would indicate the
songs aren't saved either. So either .kde/share/apps/amarok is not
writable or you are using MySQL or Progress and the connection/setup
is wrong.

If it only happens for podcasts: do only episodes disappear or also
the podcast channel (do you need to re-subscribe)?
What podcasts are you experiencing this with, how many have you tried?

Glad to help

Bart