I would like to separate QT from KDE library in amarok.

Greg Meyer greg at gkmweb.com
Wed Jan 3 12:43:32 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 12:18 am, Min-Su Kim wrote:
> Hello.
>
> When I run the Amarok program, I would like to link QT Library right away.
> However the problem is dependency between Amarok and KDE library is too
> high so I would like to separate QT from KDE library.
I imagine this would be quite hard, although perhaps a bit easier with QT4.

> Secondly, after I have done this, I would like to add Audio output for the
> Visualization component and I would like to use the  OSS or ALSA instead of
> Gstreamer's audio output.

How will you decode the stream if you bypass the engine, which is what I think
you are saying.  ALSA does not have the ability by itslef to decode
mp3/vorbis/etc., so somehow you have to provide for that, which is what
gstreamer and xine do. You can either write your own, or use one that exists
already, like gstreamer, xine or helix.

Why are you trying to do this?  To reduce the footprint of Amarok?
--
Greg