Amarok as official Myth-Music replacement

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Tue Jan 2 19:27:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 11:50:47AM +0100, Halim I. wrote:
> I'm no expert programmer, but would very much like to contribute to an
> AmarkOnMyth-project if any of the expers on this list see the benefit?

As a long time user of mythtv I can see the benefit of a
collection/browser based player like amarok. But I doubt that it would
be very easy to make amarok work on myth. I also think that the human
interface is different enough that amarok's style would be tweaked
significantly to make it work with a remote based input.

I think you would be better off making it possible for amarok and
mythmusic to easily use the same collection and improving mythmusic's
UI to be more amarok-like. Colin's response is probably more in line
with what could be done. Not only that but he has a history of
interesting code in mythtv. He sounds like a good leader for the job.

Erik Hovland
mail: erik at hovland.org
web: http://hovland.org/
PGP/GPG public key available on request