Moving/Migrating to a new PC?

Andrew Ash ash211 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 21:31:18 UTC 2007

On 2/26/07, Conal <ffxxrr at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Forgive me if this has been asked before... I am relatively new to the
> list. A preliminary quick search has turned up little.
>
> anyway, I am currently in the process of migrating my data to a new PC.
>
> I am currently copying over my music files to the new computer (via LAN)
>
> Can anyone offer any tips to help make config'ing Amarok on my new
> machine as painless as possible..? I like the way, i have it setup on my
> current PC and want to preserve as much of my settings as possible..
> (podcast list, my amarok look & scripts etc).
>
> My collection uses a MySql database.
>
> thanks.
> C.

I believe most, if not all, of the settings are stored in
~/.kde/share/apps/amarok and ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc  Also, try
to put the files in the exact some location in the filesystem if
possible.  You should beable to just copy all related settings into
the same location on the new pc and have to make no changes.  No
guarantees, of course.

Andrew