How to gain performance through MySQL

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Mon Feb 26 12:38:06 UTC 2007

Andreas Baier wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> what is the exact mysql version ? have you changed that lately ?
>> can you upgrade to the latest mysql ?
> Unfortunately I'm not at home today, but as far as I know, it has to be the
> latest release in portage: mysql-5.0.32.

in your initial mail, i noticed :

# /etc/mysql/my.cnf: The global mysql configuration file.
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/dev-db/mysql/files/my.cnf-4.1,v 1.3

but that's probably some internal cvs version or something, right ?

could it be that you have updated mysql from 4.x at some point recently ?

you could try looking at the db (especially statistics table), and see
what type does 'url' has.
if it is "varchar", try to change it to varbinary(255) and see whether
that helps a bit.

of course, doublecheck that you have a good backup before changing the db ;)
  Rich