Tunenami & Amarok

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 14:08:28 UTC 2007

Hi!

I'll try to answer your mail. My answers are my own however and I
cannot speak for the rest of the developers.

I wrote the integrated Magnatune music store that was included with
the two latest releases (1.4.4 and 1.4.5) of Amarok and have since
been looking into ways of building a framework for adding more online
services / stores. I have just recently added the first prototype of
this framework to Amarok's SVN trunk, so it is in no way feature
complete or stable yet though.I  feel that if you are interested in
integrating your service into Amarok, this would be the way to go.

You should also know that 1.4.5 was the last Amarok release of the 1.4
branch and that the next release will be Amarok 2.0. We are currently
rewriting everything to work with Qt4 and KDE4. This means, that once
complete, a native Mac OS and Windows client should be fairly simple
to do. (One of the devs has already had it (sort of) running on a
Mac).
This also means, however, that the next stable Amarok release will not
be for quite a while yet.

I would encourage you to take a look at the Magnatune store in Amarok
1.4.5 since this is what I am primarily modeling the online services
framework on. This should give you an idea about how a service can be
integrated into Amarok.

If you have any more questions or comments, feel free to post them
here. You are also welcome to drop by irc channel #amarok at
irc.freenode.net and try to catch me (or one of the other devs) there.

  - Nikolaj