Tunenami & Amarok

William Shostak uili at tunenami.com
Sat Feb 24 12:06:17 UTC 2007

Amarok Development Squad,

We own an up and coming music portal, yes another one. The real
difference between ours and others is; all music is released thru
Creative Commons so the music can be downloaded and shared freely;
ability to find music you like easier (all the features are not up
yet but will be over the next couple months); and most importantly
many methods for artist to make money with out selling music to
listeners. There are a couple other sites with all these features but
we think our methods and our team is unique that if artist use our
site along with the others the have a better chance of making a
living making music. This is just so you know a little about us we
can of course embellish more, but that is not the point at the moment.

We where just considering developing a music player and while doing
research to structure the architecture we ran into Amarok.

You guys have a wonderful thing going on here and we though why make
another but see how we can develop the features we need in Amarok to
coincide with your own development. This way we can help each other
while helping ourselves, and increase the rate of development for
Amarok.

We have a bunch of features in mind but they can all be dealt with
over time, I mean what you have now is incredible - by far the most
impressive music player out their. Our biggest concern is binaries
for OSX and Windows, and a personal feature is to allow Amarok users
access to our library to down load the music from our site right thru
Amarok (currently 1500 songs and growing).

This letter is to open dialog to make sure your are ok with our
development on your platform and to make sure our development and
yours does not overlap and our development can be helpful to Amarok.

Warm regards,

William Shostak