Planning for 2.0

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 20:04:37 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:33:16 -0500
Greg Meyer <greg at gkmweb.com> wrote:

> Why not just use xine then?  Yes, I know about the collection, but
> DVD's cannot be tagged, so what's another point?

	The advantage is that we would use just one player for
everything. And xine-ui's tk interface is horrible. Kaffeine is a bit
better...

	Well, if it's too much trouble, no problem.

	And the only thing which annoys me is when I'm listening to a
radio stream and suddenly I don't receive more data and Amarok just
freezes. Then the data comes again and Amarok stays freezed or
without sound (sometimes it resume). I mean, the buffer helps, but if
you want to confuse Amarok, just listen to a stream that doesn't send
data at a constant speed. I mean, when the data comes at a constant
rate, it's fine, but if the data comes, then it slow down and it comes
again, Amarok seems to be a bit confused. I noticed it a lot in last.fm
on the peak hours. It seems last.fm server is congestioned and Amarok
(or ALSA?) doesn't understand why there's no more data and suddenly
there is. I mean, I have a 2Mbps adsl connection, so the speed isn't the
problem, but the server is. But Amarok could be more robust. Do you
notice it there?

	But it could be ALSA problem, since I read that ALSA must be
feed all the time with data.

	Sorry for my poor English.

--
http://u-br.net