Planning for 2.0

Kimball Robinson zwokkqxpozgc+nznebxRznvyYvfg1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 12:00:27 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 February 2007 01:28, Sven Krohlas wrote:

> > TO USERS: What features do you think 2.0 should have that 1.4.5 doesn't?
>

> if (query_changed) abort_query()
> query();

I strongly agree.

I'm running on a slower machine, and I'd like the query not to begin until
I've typed a few characters (at least 3) -- and/or for it not to start until
I pause in typing (200ms? or perhaps it can measure how fast I usually
type ;) ).

Perhaps it would be best if the user can configure amarok not to run the query
until Enter is pressed.

if (typing_paused(n_ms) || query_is_more_than(n_chars))
	if (! query_only_on_enter)
		query()

--
-Kimball Robinson