Planning for 2.0

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Sun Feb 18 18:54:08 UTC 2007

On Saturday 17 February 2007 6:52:07 pm Dan Meltzer wrote:
> TO USERS: What features do you think 2.0 should have that 1.4.5 doesn't?
> This is probably the best opportunity to add features, as everything is
> changing anyways.  What do you think Amarok needs to continue to be the
> best media player availible?  Making suggestions is no guarantee they will
> be implemented, but its more likely than not making suggestions.

Fewer crashes!
Amarok has repeatedly crashed while creating playlists. At one time we'd get a
consistent crash just clearing the playlist and double-clicking on an album
title to add to a new playlist. Unfortunately, the crash doesn't always
occur. At first we thought that it had trouble if an album had a large number
of songs on it (>100) that would cause a crash. Unfortunately Amarok hasn't
been consistent enough on when it crashes to warrent a bug report. (We've
submitted crash reports when prompted).

Amork's UI would freeze for us when manipulating files on a MP3 device (Sansa
e250r connected as a generic audio device). We've now taken to manipulating
files on the device from Konqueror instead of Amarok. Unfortunately, Amarok
would never crash, the UI would just freeze.

Tim

--
Fedora Core release 6 (Zod), Linux 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
 14:15:58 up 4 days, 20:04,  0 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.10, 0.09