xine engine failure

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Mon Feb 12 00:16:14 UTC 2007

Rich wrote:
> Donn Washburn wrote:
>> Peter C. Ndikuwera wrote:
>>> Same here. I use packman & guru's repositories and everything updates fine.
>> Well I did try packman's 1.4.5 rpm and it complains about missing
>> dependencies.   To which I did download, using "ldd
>
> packman's amarok ? there is no amarok in packman repo...
> i suggest you add 'sdandard' repositories (like packman _and_ guru) and
> follow instructions for both getting mp3 support and latest amarok on
> suse. do that using system tools (in this case - yast) - that should
> solve dependancies automatically.
I did track down the problem.  It was found using strace.
It was a permission setting done by SuSE on and KDE files called
  /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/libamarok_void-engine_plugin.la
  /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/libamarok_void-engine_plugin.so
Fixed!  Again Thanks go to the Amorok Team for this fine piece of software.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.