xine engine failure

Peter C. Ndikuwera pndiku at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:34:54 UTC 2007

The best thing to do is to put packman & guru's repositories in your
package management tool - smart, apt, yum, yast, etc.

This way, all the dependency issues are solved by the _package management_ tool.

Peter

On 2/7/07, Donn Washburn <n5xwb at hal-pc.org> wrote:
> Peter C. Ndikuwera wrote:
> > Same here. I use packman & guru's repositories and everything updates fine.
> >
> > This is alot of FUD.

> >> usually packman xine + guru amarok has worked fine for me. have you
> >> tried those precompiled packages ?

> >> --
> >>   Rich
> Well I did try packman's 1.4.5 rpm and it complains about missing
> dependencies.   To which I did download, using "ldd
> /opt/kde3/bin/amarokap" after it failed showed.  It now comes up but
> states "no audio".
> I think it is likely a mixed libs problem or permissions.  I was going
> to compile Amarok from source but it fails in /libvisual.  I did
> download and install libvisual and it's plugins.  Still amarok fails in
> /libvisual when compiled - more tonight maybe!.
>
> Running as root I get this message - clue to try
>
> Amarok could not find any sound-engine plugins. Amarok is now updating
> the KDE configuration database. Please wait a couple of minutes, then
> restart Amarok.
> If this does not help, it is likely that Amarok is installed under the
> wrong prefix, please fix your installation using:
> $ cd /path/to/amarok/source-code/
> $ su -c "make uninstall"
> $ ./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix` && su -c "make install"
> $ kbuildsycoca
> $ amarok
> More information can be found in the README file. For further assistance
> join us at #amarok on irc.freenode.net.
>
> --
> 73 de Donn Washburn
> 307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "
> Sugar Land, TX 77478 LL# 1.281.242.3256
> Ham Callsign N5XWB   HAMs : " n5xwb at arrl.net "
> VoIP via Gizmo: bmw_87kbike / via Skype: n5xwbg
> BMW MOA #: 4146 - Ambassador
>        " http://counter.li.org " #279316
>
> Did you know?
> The transistor was invented by three white men.

"Joe Frazier is so ugly that when he cries, the tears turn around and
go down the back of his head"
-- Muhammad Ali