Fwd: Codecs for Amarok

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Sun Feb 11 04:10:55 UTC 2007

J Sloan wrote:

> Alexandre Oliveira wrote:

I see your are looking for what goes in /usr/lib/win32 - I think they
are called
"essentials".  They are like to be hard to find and consist of about 50
file.dlls that work in linux.

Fedora Info
"http://www.gagme.com/greg/linux/fc6-tips.php"
essential-20061022.tar.bz2 - ? "http://www.mininova.org/tor/484555"

"http://englanders.cc/~jason/howtos.php?howto=mplayer"

Good luck at find them

And for you RPM types.  A absolutely fresh SuSE 10.2 load would not play
audio but the amarok GUI would come up only as root.  I had to fix it by
compiling xine-lib (the above essentials installed). With all of the CD
audio/video devel headers.  Then, taglibs (which fails to compile) and
for xine-lib - libdvdcss (which is not available on SuSE's CDs)
Finally, amarok-1.4.5.  Glad to say SuSE's RPM is fixed

The new Amarok works like a charm.  Thanks to the Amarok Developers!
--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.