Someone please fix the 30-character bug

Mats Ahlgren mats_a at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 10 19:50:45 UTC 2007

On Saturday 10 February 2007 14:32:59 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Sounds like after the first time you guys save the ID3v2 tag is not being
> saved, and only the ID3v1 tag is there, which can only handle 30 or 31 chars.
> Then when you edit it again the ID3v2 tag is saved properly.
Interesting. I thought Martin's comment implied that tags weren't being written anymore to files themselves?
Regardless, I've had some files for which this has happened more than once, even after correction...

> If you're on Gentoo I'd recommend using TagLib SVN from the kde overlay.
> Taglib SVN does have a bunch of fixes when dealing with MP3 metadata and it
> could be you're hitting one of these bugs.  One day perhaps TagLib 1.5 will
> come out...
My taglib version: 1.4-47 -- incase that helps anyone diagnose the problem

> Also, do make absolutely sure you're not running TagLib 1.3 or earlier.
Thanks for the input. Hope someone fixes this...

--Mats