Someone please fix the 30-character bug

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sat Feb 10 19:32:59 UTC 2007

Sounds like after the first time you guys save the ID3v2 tag is not being
saved, and only the ID3v1 tag is there, which can only handle 30 or 31 chars.
Then when you edit it again the ID3v2 tag is saved properly.

If you're on Gentoo I'd recommend using TagLib SVN from the kde overlay.
Taglib SVN does have a bunch of fixes when dealing with MP3 metadata and it
could be you're hitting one of these bugs.  One day perhaps TagLib 1.5 will
come out...

Also, do make absolutely sure you're not running TagLib 1.3 or earlier.

--Jeff