Script and Extension Interface in Amarok 2.0 [Was: Re: Fullscreen-Interface and Amarok 2.0]

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Fri Feb 9 16:50:04 UTC 2007

Please note that this is also a matter of design decisions. Our design
philosophy has always been:

"The application does not have to be very flexible. Instead, it should be very
usable out of the box."

This is a very different philosophy in contrast to what Firefox, or maybe as a
better example, Foobar2000 do. These programs are insanely flexible and
extensive, but they also *require* you to install extensions to become
usable.

Amarok's design is more like Opera: Popular features are built straight into
the application. This way we have full control, and we can ensure that
features actually integrate well in the user interface.

--
Mark