Script and Extension Interface in Amarok 2.0 [Was: Re: Fullscreen-Interface and Amarok 2.0]

James Heaver james at heaver.org
Fri Feb 9 16:13:48 UTC 2007

I agree with these sentiments EXACTLY.  Extensions are the biggest selling
point of Firefox. *insert Spanish Inquisition sketch* along with added
security and it not being Microsoft.  It is a central part of the firefox
experience.

In amarok it feels like its under the hood more - a bit for those who know
what they're doing to fiddle with.  And as Jan says, 'feels' is the
operative word here.

I also think there is great benefit in having a more extensive page about
each extension, a la firefox.  It gives the opportunity to provide more
information, user feedback, more detailed information of configuration
options and so on.