Fullscreen-Interface and Amarok 2.0

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Fri Feb 9 02:09:06 UTC 2007

Quoting Niklas Nylund <ninylund at abo.fi>:
> I totally agree, I don't want to spend time figuring out how to deal
> with scripts. But on the other hand if extensions were implemented in
> the same way as Firefox it would be a no brainer. Select plugins from
> a list, click install, boom and you are all set. Doing it in this way
> also keeps some code out of "amarok core".

You mean, exactly how it's done in Amarok 1.4?  Open Script Manager,
click Get New Scripts, and you get a nice dialog that lets you select
them, complete with descriptions and ratings.  Click one more button,
the script is installed for you.

Granted, things will change in A2 (how is still not yet determined)
but seriously, how much easier do you want it?

--Jeff