Fullscreen-Interface and Amarok 2.0

Niklas Nylund ninylund at abo.fi
Wed Feb 7 12:32:53 UTC 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 1:53 PM, James Heaver wrote:

> On 07/02/07, Marcel Urech <stokedfish at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 12:00:31 amarok-request at kde.org wrote:
>
> > ok, I agree but this feature should be in "extension" not in
> amarok-core. I
> > would use it 3-4 times a year than ;]
> >
> > In Amarok 2.0 there are going to be extensions like in Firefox so
> it is
> > good place for that sort of features.
>
> What does it matter whether you call it plugin or extension?
> It would still be external and you'd still be ignoring your user's
> demand...
>

> Perhaps we approach this in a different way.
>
> For me scripts seem a bit of a dark art.  I've not invested the
> time to discover what scripts are out there which I might find
> useful, so for me any functionality that is provided by scripts is
> essentially non-existant.  Maybe this is what needs to be tackled.
> Make the availability and discoverability of extensions much better.

++

I totally agree, I don't want to spend time figuring out how to deal
with scripts. But on the other hand if extensions were implemented in
the same way as Firefox it would be a no brainer. Select plugins from
a list, click install, boom and you are all set. Doing it in this way
also keeps some code out of "amarok core".

Niklas