Amarok OSD Volume Slider patch -- width

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Thu Feb 8 01:55:49 UTC 2007

On 08/02/07, sam <mirshafie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was just about to propose a volume slider OSD for Amarok, when I saw that
> Alexander Bechikov had already written one (and his idea was better than mine
> too).
>
> Now, since I often use a remote control with LIRC to control Amarok, I would
> like the slider to be much wider (without increasing font size - I like it
> really small :). I've tried some stuff but wasn't able to achieve it.
> (Probably because I can't code.)
>
> So, if someone with coding skills would like to point out how the original
> patch can be altered in order to increase the width of the slider, that would
> be really great.
>
> The patch can be downloaded here:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=amarok&m=116414693111337&q=p3

Hi Sam,
We've currently finished working on the Amarok 1.x series, which means
no more feature additions to that branch. It is likely that the only
future releases will be strictly for bug fixes.  This is because we
have started work on Amarok 2.0, which builds on KDE4 technology.

If you are still keen, you should remind us about your idea when the
release is stable and we are soon to release. This could be anywhere
from 6months onwards, imho.

Cheers,
Seb

--