How to tell Amarok which Magnatune albums I have purchased?

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 08:28:44 UTC 2007

I am afraid that would be difficult or, at the very least, involve a
bit of manual editing of xml files.

When you purchase an album through Amarok, Magnatune replies with a
special XML file which is what Amarok stores for later use. This file
contains the same information you receive in the confirmation email
that Magnatune sends out on every purchase, as well as some of the
info from the purchase download page that the mails links to.

If you are really interested in putting in some manual work to get
this working, I can try to make you a file template that you can fill
out with the info from your previous purchases, but it will be a bit
tricky and I am not sure I would recommend it.

"Emma's Mini" does show up in my Amarok. First, try to update the
Magnatune database again, as it could have been a temporary glitch in
their xml file. If that does not help,  please file a bug against
Amarok on bugs.kde.org and give your linux distro, which database you
use and your language settings and I will look into that.

- Nikolaj