amarok audio quality question

Trever Fischer wm161 at wm161.net
Sun Feb 4 19:44:24 UTC 2007

The sound quality is not related to the fact that open source drivers are
used. There is a standard of communication between ALSA and the audio chip
that even windows adheres to. The problem may be either Winamp or the engine
you use for Amarok. A few things could be going sour, which are related to
the software that does the actual sound rendering:

* Winamp plays the audio too loud
* Amarok plays the audio too soft
* Neither programs are doing it 'right'.

I suggest that you try changing your Amarok engine. Since you say you are an
audiophile, I assume you must have one of the higher end speaker setups that
comes with its own volume/bass dial, right? ;)

--
PGP Key ID: 0x35EB69FB
Keyserver: wwwkeys.us.pgp.net

The contents of this document are licensed under the
Creative Commons - Attribution / Share Alike license.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0