a slight problem.

Gleb Litvjak blaster999 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 17:54:21 UTC 2007

On Saturday 22 December 2007 17:14:10 Robert Grow wrote:
> -hey everyone, i have a slight problem and was wondering if anyone here can
> help me. i figure someone here might be able to help me even though it
> doesnt have anything to do with Amarok, but please here me out. as most
> people know, if you want to name something after something that someone
> else made first then you would have to get permission right? like using the
> name Amarok from Mike Oldfield's album title, did you guys have to get
> permission before you made the name of this music program? if so i would
> really like to get a hold of Mike Oldfield. I am writing a book and would
> like to name it "Songs of Distant Earth". but i dont know if i can do that
> legally or not. so if anyone out there could help me with thei problem, i
> would be very grateful. ~Robert G~

Well, this depends. "Songs of Distant Earth" consists of ordinary english
words, which cannot be copyrighted. "Songs of Distant Earth" is a trademark,
though, so you cannot use it as your album's title, but can use it as a
book's name or, for example, as the name for your brand of wine (because it's
another category).

--
Registered Linux user #439949
http://counter.li.org/