Changing an NFS mount and path...

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sat Dec 1 14:13:47 UTC 2007

On Friday 30 November 2007, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Friday 30 November 2007, Ian Monroe wrote:
> > The Advanced File Tracking should transition the statistics
> > automatically.
>
> Backup your database first.  I'm glad I did, cause it didn't work so good
> the first time.

There shouldn't really be a need.  If the file tracking doesn't find the files
in the new location, it simply won't touch the URLs.  So worse thing that
happens is that they're still in the old location, which is the boat you'd be
in now.  (You may have to do a full rescan for it to pick everything up.)

Of course, backing up your database regularly is always a good thing
regardless...there's just no reason to panic about AFT  :-)