Amarok article

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Aug 30 15:30:44 UTC 2007

Follow-up to poster, as I think it makes sense.

Hi!

I plan to write an article about Amarok, alternative music shops such like
Magnatune.com and the social music revolution for the german Linux print
magazine Linux User[1].

I plan to have three parts in the article:

1) Current state of affairs: Amarok 1.4.7

2) Alternative music shops and the social music revolution:
- Magnatune.com and possibly others
- last.fm, Jamendo, possibly others

3) News from Amarok 2

Its important to me to grasp concepts and ideas behind all of this as good
as possible. Especially behind the changes in Amarok 2 and what it is all
about that social music revolution - I am still quite new to it, I bought
an album from magnatune.com, but I did not yet use last.fm for anything
else than my dynamic playlists. I usually like to work a with the people
behind a software, especially when there are questions, so that my
articles provide more than a feature summary ;-).

Thus I would like to have a contact or two to ask questions specifically
about part two and three. Would there someone be willing to answer some
questions as they pop up when I gather information about those two parts
and possibly also part one? If so, please contact me.

[1] http://www.linux-user.de

Ciao,