Waving goodbye, and presenting Minirok

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Thu Aug 23 14:58:10 UTC 2007

Hello guys. (Please CC me on replies, if any.)

For those of you who don't know me, I'm the Debian packager of Amarok,
and I contributed some patches as well back in the eaaarly days.

I just wanted, now that I'm leaving Amarok for something else, to drop a
note giving a big THANK YOU to you all for this terrific player that has
so well served me for more than three years. I will also take care of
finding a good new maintainer for the Debian package.

As for the second part of this mail, I thought it was appropriate to let
you know that I've written a small player in Python that mimics Amarok
in many ways, which I've named Minirok. I hope you don't find the name
inappropriate; the intent is to make explicit that it inherits a lot
from Amarok (including the interface and look and feel), like if it was
its little brother. I'm indebted to you for making Amarok free software,
thus empowering me to freely steal design and concepts from it. I credit
you in the "Thanks to" tab of the About dialog.

And that was all. Good luck, Amarok is a very successful application and
deservedly so.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                        Listening to: Joaquín Sabina - De purísima y oro