Concert Calendar

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 19:51:43 UTC 2007

On 8/22/07, Sébastien Laoût <slaout at linux62.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just came to this iTunes plugin:
>

> http://www.hackszine.com/blog/archive/2007/03/iconcertcal_track_upcoming_con.html
>
> It displays a calendar with upcoming concert of artists you have in your
> collection.
>
> That's something I would call help you "Rediscover Your Music" (tm) ;-)
> What a better way to rediscover our music than going to concerts listening
> live music and possibly meeting the artists we like...
>
> I'm sure there is a web service somewhere for Amarok to do the same.
> Or a collection of web services from different web sites, so Amarok can
> have a
> plugin structure the same way it has lyrics plugins.

This functionality has pretty much already been implemented in Amarok 2.0
. The Last.fm
 Events applet displays concerts for upcoming artists that are "recommended"
by last.fm---this usually means artists that you have listened to (and
they only display local events). It also displays any events that you
have marked that
you are attending, as well as any events that your friends are attending.

leo

Best regards,
> Sébastien Laoût.

Leo Franchi
4305 Charlemagne Ct         lfranchi at gmail.com
Austin                                 cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125