Cover Bling to Help Rediscover your Music

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Aug 20 21:55:00 UTC 2007

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Sébastien Laoût wrote:
>
>> I understand your desire to bring something as beautiful as Cover Flow to
>> Amarok, and at the same time, do not copy it all.
>> So here is a mockup I'm proposing, with explanations of why I think it has a
>> good usability and usefulness.
>>
>> Here is the mockup:
>> http://slaout.linux62.org/kde-wishs/cover-bling-proposal.png
>>

> As a lowly user, but lover of bling in general, I have to say this is a
> really, really visually attractive UI. I really like it. It has detail
> and can be quick to use.
>
> Even if this is not adapted as the default interface in Amarok, I hope
> someone develops it as an add on. All the chat about the dbus/xml
> interface means that, even as an external app, this concept should be
> possible :)
>
> Col

I really like it too.  In fact, I like both mockups for different
reasons.  Two views, one model?  :-)

One question would be, where does this integrate?  Is it always on along
the bottom?  Does it come to the forefront in the context view when you
want to browse music quickly?  Could it be activated by a hotkey?  (I
don't know what iTunes Cover Flow is like, so maybe I'm rethinking the
wheel here).

--Jeff