Wrong APIC tag handling in V1.4.5

Frank Lautenbach frank.lautenbach at gmx.de
Sat Aug 11 11:12:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

I guess I found a bug in Amarok:

The tool does not respect APIC tags containing an empty description in
UTF-16 format (so that the description field consists of just 2 Zero
Bytes). Amarok just ignores these pictures and shows no cover image for
the file.

After changing the text type to 0 (ASCII) and removing one of the
terminating Zero Bytes with a hex-editor it suddenly works.

No other tool has problems with reading the cover image of my files (all
ID3 V2.3), only Amarok.... So I guess it's a bug....

Greetings,

Frank Lautenbach