[Feedback] Multiple view of playlist

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Tue Aug 7 12:06:18 UTC 2007

I haven't seen the blogs, but a few days ago we were discussing this in
IRC, and myself and Seb at least would really like multiple views.
Personally I'd love a way to extend the playlist over the context
browser, turning it into a columned list like in 1.4.  This would be
great for quick playlist management, or times when seeing more metadata
is preferred than seeing context.

This does detract a bit from the original idea of the playlist redesign,
which was to discourage superlong playlists in favor of enhancing
dynamic playlists.  But much of that reasoning was originally because of
how slow 1.4 would get with huge playlists, and AFAIK this should no
longer be an issue in 2.0...

--Jeff