[Feedback] Multiple view of playlist

4bugzilla at gmail.com 4bugzilla at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:57:03 UTC 2007

Serhiy sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

I've spent some time reading amarok's blogs and found some details on
playlist and plasma.

For example Ian Monroe writes that
>I see no reason for multiple views.
(he means different view of playlist)

I am totally disagree.
Have you seen iTunes 7.x?
It is very convenient when you can switch different views of playlist.
Someone can like a view where tracks are grouped by albums with their
covers displayed for each album. Other people could like traditional iTunes
playlist (organized by table) more.

Possibility to switch between views allows everyone to have playlist he
wants. Another one possible views could be "cover flow" (the same iTunes
7.x) and tree like view (similar to the current library organization).

You are integration plasma to allow different applets for context view.
That's good. That's means that contex view will be customizable. But isn't
playllist is more important for music player than context view??? I find
it's not logical to allow customization of context view in the same time
when you don't allow this for playlist and don't even want to have multiple
views of playlist. Do you think nobody will want to change your design of
playlist? Personally I find old design of playlist much more usable and
convenient. And what if other users will want to see different playlist.
Don't you think that  users will care more of playlist but not of context
view.

I guess my last guestion would be "Is there any possibilily to have
different views of playlist or possibility to customize playlist like
context view?". All I really want from Amarok 2.x that it could lookat lest
like
http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/images/9/9f/Amarok_14_random.jpg
I mean with old design of playlist.

Thanks,