Feedback :D

Ryan King ryank311 at vt.edu
Sun Apr 29 19:26:55 UTC 2007

Howdy, I just switched to amarok player after using xmms (in ubuntu) and
winamp (in xp) for many years.  I was never a fan of itunes, and I just
loved the winamp layout.  Well, after reading a couple reviews on
different sites, I installed amarok and I am in love.  I'm a programmer
myself (cs major at vt) and I don't usually send mails like this, but I
must let your team know that this is everything I have wanted in a music
player and more!  Even the little things like hiding the player in the
system tray, searching through my folders recursively (other players
don't like to do that for some reason :p ), and the little popup to show
the song playing are implemented (usually I have to install/write tons
of plugins to get all the support i want!).  I still have to get used to
the tabs and such, but so far it seems pretty intuitive, and I am really
in love with this player.  One thing im curious about, is there a hotkey
for enque file?  I'm still checking through all the options and such, so
maybe I haven't found it yet.  Basically, I just wanted to write and
thank yall for all of your hard work as I know we programmers don't get
the credit we deserve.  Keep up the good work, and cheers.  I'm
definitely gonna end up getting my cs buddies (the "linux nerds" )
addicted to your player :-p  (and maybe if there were a windows port, I
could wean the others off itunes ;).  Anyways, awesome job on the
player, and keep up the open source love.
Cheers
~King