Long playlist causes long startup

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sat Apr 28 21:00:34 UTC 2007

Also, to add to this:

The playlist is stored in a file in XML that is saved on close and read again
on startup.  We did have some patches committed against the stable branch
(and trunk too?) that are supposed to speed this process up a decent amount
by optimizing the XML-handling code.  When Amarok 1.4.6 comes out (a few
weeks) the user might see some speed improvements -- but realistically it
might go down to 45 seconds instead of 60, so for your user it's probably not
that much better.  Amarok 2.0 should help  :-)

--Jeff