Amarok, web service idea

Christophe Gravier cgravier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:28:43 UTC 2007

Hello to all people making amarok and all people experiencing it ;-)

While I was listening to music, and browsing the associated lyrics using the
script manager.

That is working just perfectly and is really enhancing the listening
experience, according to amarok objectives.

Nonetheless, a new idea came up to my mind, related to web service, just
like the lyric option.

I browse the site to see if such an idea was already discussed. I also saw
that I shortly miss the period to propose idea for google summer of code :s

The idea would be to propose the same tab for lyrics, but applied to guitar
tabs, or other music instrument partition (is partition the right word in
english ? nevermind).
This way, people would be able, just like they download lyric to try to
sing, to download the associated partition to try to play it over the music
they are listening to. At last, it would be very interesting for the
musician I am trying to be, and I can't imagine I am the only one :)

I have put Seb Ruiz in CC because of
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Summer_of_Code/2007/Ideas#Tightening_of_Web_Service_Integration,
as it seems the kind of ideas discussed here (dunno if he was subscribed on
this list even if I suspect it)

Let me know it is sound relevant to you ! But I am not subscribed to the
list, so please be kind to CC-me on this topic if you want discussion :)

Best Regards,

Christophe.