Some impressions from aKademy

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Fri Sep 29 23:37:30 UTC 2006

On 30/09/06, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
> On 9/29/06, Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
> > I like the idea, and Kexi is a part of KOffice, which suggests it'll
> > be maintained.  However, some distributinos may package up koffice in
> > one monolithic package that users won't want to install.  And those
> > that package it up into separate packages may not bother with Kexi if
> > it doesn't have a large user base.
>
> Well those are problems with easy solutions. Either we have a copy of
> Kexi's DB API in our code base or we ask the Kexi folks to move it to
> kde-common.

I've never really been a big fan of introducing more deps - they
ultimately make it more difficult to maintain the application, and it
means that we are out of control for an integral component of the
application.  It might be okay to move to Kexi, but would it be
possible to revert back if ever need be?

--
http://www.sebruiz.net/