Yo, and Ian's Roadmap

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Sep 14 08:26:31 UTC 2006

> I would seriously look into running vmware with Windows in it. Unless
> your girlfriend is a gamer it would work fine, especially on such a
> powerful machine. And will be nice for Amarok development as well...
> I'm thinking of looking into litesql which doesn't have a Windows port
> yet, I don't think there should really a rush to make sure Amarok SVN
> always works on Windows (though we should get there in some months).

I'm not really in a rush to make it work with Windows, but from what
I've heard KDE-Windows is far from working and has about 3 developers
that half-heartedly commit to it.  So I figure if we want to do it, I
may have to end up hacking on kdelibs as well.

As for vmware, I could do that...I already have Windows set up and
running, so I could either make a second Windows copy for when I'm
running Linux, or I could flip it around and run Linux on that box in
a virtual machine.  For instance, using Qemu with KQeum acceleration.
I don't know, I'll think about it.

--Jeff