More on the playlist

Max Howell max.howell at methylblue.com
Thu Sep 14 00:36:25 UTC 2006

Seb Ruiz wrote:
> Another point is the context browser:  Obviously you've ripped off
> last.fm here, but there are some interesting points to think about.
> To begin with, do we need a KHTML part?  Apart from the obviously easy
> CSS theming, is it truly necessary?  Perhaps we can allow layout
> theming instead of colour theming, with an xml style format (similar
> to kopete's styles).

The advantages of using HTML are:

* flexibility, for us that is, you can do many things without too much
hardship
* have you seen the cool stuff some artists have done with CSS?

disadvantages:

* Look at the code in contextbrowser.cpp, yuck. But we can fix this with
  some helper classes.

It would be a real shame to lose the cool CSS themes people have come up
with, and also I don't see how we can mimic HTML without reimplementing
what a HTML renderer basically does. But I probably don't get what you
mean so please enter more data after the beep.

Max