Bug in amarok

Andrew Turner andrewturner512 at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 8 09:37:17 UTC 2006

I find the most common cause for things like this is the Flash plugin
for Firefox, which only supports OSS and can block all ALSA output.
I'm not totally sure why that happens, but it does happen to me
sometimes.

Try closing Firefox (or any other applications you have running that
you think might be the cause) and seeing if that fixes your problem.
If it does you can try launching the application using "aoss" (eg
"aoss firefox") which is usually in the alsa-oss package on most
distributions. That may stop the application blocking ALSA.

Andrew