extragear/multimedia/amarok/src

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Tue Sep 5 12:15:26 UTC 2006

Joe--

Some filesystems don't support commas.  I know that my parents' Windows box
doesn't, so I can guarantee that either FAT32 or NTFS are not comma-friendly,
and both are used by many users for collections.

Obviously this isn't a huge problem at the moment, but if Amarok is ported to
other platforms with KDE4 this very well might become an issue.  So maybe
it'd be good to just use a different character from the start?

I use ^, which works for my parents' computer, and isn't likely to be found
anywhere else in the filename.  But if you decide to change it you should
make sure that whatever you pick works for all the common filesystems (and if
possible, the not-so-common ones, like UFS for FreeBSD, etc. -- probably not
a problem since really it's Windows that can't deal with all characters).

--Jeff