Amarok looses Part of Playlist when loging out.

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Fri Sep 1 19:18:48 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 19:58, thorsten kramer wrote:
> I have a little problem with Amarok (old an new versions...)
>
> I use a Playlist with aproximate 3000 songs.
> In the morning I boot the Computer (SuSE 10, autologin, ...)
>
> At night I log out (KDE/ logoff / halt).
>
> Next morning, the playlist sometimes contains all songs, sometime only
> 1000-1600 songs  (Amarok is set to "Save Playlist", because if I don't
> do it, it starts with NO playlist)

Yes, a well known problem, but it's really a KDE bug, as I like to think. KDE
allows application a few seconds to shut down, and afterward just kills
(signal 9) the process, instead of asking the user, like Windows does.

Only two solutions at this point:

1) Keep a shorter playlist (this also helps Amarok performance)
2) Shut down Amarok before shutting down KDE

--
Mark