sharing the '.kde/share/apps/amarok' directory

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Mon Oct 30 07:38:45 UTC 2006

Greg Meyer wrote:
>> 1 - In 'wayne:/etc/exports' there is:
>>
>> /home/musica    192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(rw)
>>
>> 2 - I moved my 'amarok' directory inside '.kde/share/apps/' to
>> '/home/musica/.amarok'
>>
> You can't put a sqlite database on an nfs partition, it won't work.  You are
> better off using mysql as the database, and then having only one computer
> (yours) update the collection.
>
> Because the sql server should be accessible by anyone on the lan, you will all
> share statstics and stuff.

the problem would be unified cover images - i suppose that would not
work, unless they are copied to the specific directories (unfortunately,
copycover script still does not work for me with dynamic collection enabled)

and yes, as is mentioned here, all users would have common statistics,
ratings & playcounts. having a user-specific prefic for personal data
tables would be awesome unless your family has a common mind ;)

--
  Rich