no sound 1.4.3

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Sun Oct 29 12:55:42 UTC 2006

Donn Washburn wrote:
> Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>> On Thursday 26 October 2006 19:43, Donn Washburn wrote:
>>> nothing showes up wrong it just will not play music.  This happened
>>> after a kernel-2.6.18-1 and NVdriver update
>> Okay, so the next thing to try is revert to your old kernel and NVdriver.  If
>> sound works, then it's a kernel/NVdriver problem -- maybe ALSA is getting out
>> of sync, if you have ALSA compiled into the kernel instead of as a separate
>> module.
>>
>> --Jeff

To report about this problem.

I did do a SuSE  10.1 update and Amarok is now working again with
version 1.4.3.  It appears the problem was caused by "amarok-xine".
This is a new to me subject as an amarok hook to xine.
I installed xine from source complete with all dependences and Amarok
with the same.  However, it failed audio playback.  It may have been
permissions or something like that.

But it is good to have Amarok back up and running. Because today is
"www.sky.fm/liveshow" (11:00 CST) with Jimi King live from the UK.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "