From Dan (hydrogen)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Oct 27 13:01:50 UTC 2006

Angus Prune wrote:
>> I was thinking it would be cool the CD they sold was actually an Amarok
>> Live CD along with MP3's of their music. I know Amarok does live CDs
>> already, but perhaps it would make it more accessible if Amarok
>> "Projects" could be created for e.g. K3B, and the major Windows CD
>> Writer programs.... that way people could easily create these kind of
>> CD's and spread the Amarok Love!
>
> That sounds liek a very interesting idea but what does it offer the
> band?  If the band are a linux geeks and want to promote amarok then
> great, but I would imagine that they aren't many bands like that, and
> probably even fewer who are any good.
>
> What we'd need to do is offer the band something more by doing an
> amarok CD.  Somehting that they couldn't offer just with a data CD.
> Some value added service that can only or best be achieved with an
> amarok live CD.

Yeah I guess you are right... I suppose the best thing to do would be to
try and partner with e.g. MySpace (where a lot of small bands etc. live)
to promote Amarok in some way.... my mind isn't really working as to
*how* this would be done... Perhaps offer a CD production service
whereby small bands can have Amarok CD's created automatically from
their MySpace hosted music and have these produced and shipped on demand
when users click on a button on their MySpace account.

I've not really played with MySpace TBH so don't know if they already
offer a similar service....

Could be worth brainstorming around that idea tho'?

Col