From Dan (hydrogen)

Angus Prune angusprune at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 09:36:50 UTC 2006

On 27/10/06, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> Christie Harris wrote:
> > What do you thinK?  What should we do to promote Amarok?  Lets brainstorm some
> > stuff, and then see what we can do.  Ideas do not have to be rational, or
> > even seem feasible at first, just throw them out and lets work with them.

> I was at a gig last night (Aim if anyone is interested - awesome!) and
> there was a good support act there. They were pretty good and I bought
> their CD.
>
> I was thinking it would be cool the CD they sold was actually an Amarok
> Live CD along with MP3's of their music. I know Amarok does live CDs
> already, but perhaps it would make it more accessible if Amarok
> "Projects" could be created for e.g. K3B, and the major Windows CD
> Writer programs.... that way people could easily create these kind of
> CD's and spread the Amarok Love!

That sounds liek a very interesting idea but what does it offer the
band?  If the band are a linux geeks and want to promote amarok then
great, but I would imagine that they aren't many bands like that, and
probably even fewer who are any good.

What we'd need to do is offer the band something more by doing an
amarok CD.  Somehting that they couldn't offer just with a data CD.
Some value added service that can only or best be achieved with an
amarok live CD.

James