amarok-1.4.3: stuttering for 5-10 sec

Alex Efros powerman at powerman.asdfGroup.com
Wed Oct 25 20:32:31 UTC 2006

Hi!

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 08:57:01PM +0200, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> No, sorry, can't reproduce and never heard of it. Sounds like this could be
> hard to trace. Possibly an ALSA problem.

I doesn't received your answer in maillist yet, only CC: copy was received...
but I'll answer to maillist.

I understand it may be hard to detect this bug, but I don't wish to delete
amarok because of it and search for another player. Amarok's usability is
amazing!

So, I need guidelines how to detect/fix/workaround this bug. I've already
tried a number of solutions, but nothing helps, and I've no more ideas to try.
Right now I've compiled amarok with Helix engine support and trying to use it.
If this won't help then we at least will know this isn't issue with xine.
If this help, then I'd like to fix xine anyway, but this probably should be
discussed in xine maillist/forum/bugzilla, if any.

I'll post here info about is Helix engine solved issue later.

--
			WBR, Alex.